“We only operate in the Dolomites as this is our home turf. We want to share the beauty of this varied and magnificent landscape with others. Many of the hikes we suggest are not in travel books. The places we visit are those same places our parents and grand-parents took us exploring when we were young.”
- Franco, walkthedolomites team leader
Walk the Dolomites tours are geared to satisfy customers from the adventurous intermediate to the seasoned hiker. Walking experience is a must, as our hikes include an average of six to eight hours on the trail every day.
For details on the 8-day Belle Dolomiti hiking tour click here.
In 2015 we are adding a second hiking tour focused on the Great War that swept Europe and the Dolomites between May 1915 and November 1917. We will trek on the front line that worked its way along the mountain peaks and valleys on a journey into the past. We will walk in the trenches, through the tunnels and on the battle fields. We will visit the largest Alpine open war museum at the Cinque Torri. Details on the 8-day Great War in the Dolomites hiking tour click here.
Belle Dolomiti and the Great War hiking tours include the following:
* pick-up and drop-off at the Marco Polo airport in Venice.
* all local transportation for the duration of the hike, including the transfer of bags from one site to the next
* 7-night-accommodation in hotels selected for comfort, quality and privacy; magnificent bed and breakfasts nestled in small mountain villages; and quiet alpine rifugi at higher elevations. Breakfast is always included in the price.
* all dinners, where food is guaranteed to give you lasting memories of the centuries-old—yet always innovative—cucina italiana delle Dolomiti.
* a subscription to Dolomiti Emergency-a search and rescue service in the unlikely event of an evacuation.-
* the accompaniment of a certified alpine or naturalist guide.
7-night accommodation in family-owned and run hotels, charming bed and breakfast, and high-altitude rifugi (traditional alpine huts)
Accompaniment on all hikes by IFMGA/UIAGM certified alpine guide or professional naturalist guide
Breakfasts and dinners (alcoholic drinks not included)
€2420 double occupancy
Single occupancy in a double room + €280
Price includes all local taxes and does not include lunch packs, obligatory insurance coverage and wines and spirits.
Belle Dolomiti hiking tour (8-days)
July 1 to 8, 2015
September 2 to 9, 2015
Great War in the Dolomites hiking tour (8-days)
June 18 to 25, 2015
October 6 to 13
We understand you may want to play a more pro-active role in constructing your tour package. To this end we also offer custom guided tours which help you meet your expectations! Minimum group of 5 people required.
With all confidence we can say that we know the Dolomites, because this is our land, our food and our culture.
Learn more about our approach to eco-cultural tourism here.
Questions? You may find an answer on our faq section here!